Get Truck Insurance quotes quickly and easily
By clicking the green button below you can receive multiple quotes within minutes
- Any Type of Truck Covered
- Any Level of Cover
- UK and European Cover
- Breakdown Recovery
- Legal Expenses
- Flexible Payment Options
- Instant Documentation
A Guide to Truck Insurance Explained
Types of Truck Insurance
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive insurance will provide full protection for own vehicle. Trucks can be incredibly expensive to replace so knowing that your truck is completely protected will give you full peace of mind whilst on the road.
- Third party – Third party insurance is cheaper than comprehensive cover but doesn’t provide the same level of protection for your own vehicle. Third party insurance is the minimum level of legal insurance needed for trucks.
- Contents cover – If the contents of your trucks are valuable then you can get them covered for damage, spoiling and theft by having this option included in your policy.
- Breakdown assistance – Breakdown assistance is always something you should have in place. If you don’t already have it then you’ll be able to have it included as part of your policy as an additional option.
Online Cover Benefits
Most truck insurance covers vehicles that are 7.5 tonnes or above. The maximum weight covered is 44 tonnes. It’s essential that you get a policy that covers your biggest risks. What they are will depend upon the type of trucks you own. Many truck insurance policies will include the following benefits:-
- Cover in the UK and Europe – Not only can get trucks covered in the UK but you can also get cover for European countries. If you’d like more details on this type of cover then you can contact the provider directly and they’ll be able to advise you.
- Tailored Cover for Skip Trucks – Skip trucks have unique requirements so if you’d like to get a highly tailored policy then this is certainly possible from the panel of specialist providers.
- Quick and easy quotes – One of the biggest benefits of getting cover online is that it makes the process of getting quotes much quicker and easier. All you have to do is click the red button and you’ll then be able to provide the information needed to get your quotes.
- 24 hour advice and claims lines – It doesn’t matter what time of day you need to make a claim, there will always be someone to speak to. You can also speak to someone directly if you’d like more advice on the cover options that are available.
- Easy claims process – If the time comes that you need to make a claim then you can rest assured that the claims process will be made as simple as possible. It’s always reassuring to know that any problems will be taken care of quickly.
- Easy set up – When you want to take out an insurance policy with one of the providers on the panel, the process is very quick and straightfoward. You can pay using any major UK credit or debit card and once it’s set up the money will simply be taken from your account each month for as long as the policy is active.
Most of the policies you find online will have these benefits. By using a panel of insurance providers you can be sure that you’re getting the cover options you need at a price you can afford. Always make sure that you look at the details of a policy carefully to be sure that you’re covered for everything you want.
You should also make the effort to get the price of your policy as low as possible. Most insurance providers will offer special introductory discounts as well as discounts for owner-drivers so it’s always worth asking about these things. You can also take steps such as paying for your policy annually rather than monthly to reduce the price of your premium.
Ways You Can Save Money on Truck Insurance
When taking out a truck insurance policy, there are certain things you can do to save money. These include –
- Make vehicles secure – An excellent way to reduce the cost of your insurance policy is by making any vehicles you want to insure as secure as possible. This will help to reduce the risk of theft – whether it’s parts, contents or the vehicle itself. In turn this makes you less likely to make a claim so insurance providers can offer you a lower price.
- Pay upfront – If it’s at all possible for you to pay for your policy on an annual basis then you can definitely negotiate a lower price. Be sure to get the price down as low as you can since paying annually is certainly not the norm.
- Get a fleet policy – Insuring multiple trucks under one policy rather than separate policies can save you a good deal of money. You can insure different types of trucks and get them all covered by the same policy, which not only makes things easier to manage but also turns out cheaper in the vast majority of cases.
- Get plenty of quotes – The only way to be sure whether a price you’ve been quoted is competitive is by getting multiple quotes from different insurance providers. This is now easier that ever to do and will probably help you save a decent amount of money.
Get Quotes The Easy Way
It’s a huge advantage to those seeking truck insurance that getting multiple quotes is now incredibly easy. At one time you would have had to call insurance providers separately or hire and insurance broker to work on your behalf. Now you can get all the quotes you need by simply providing a bit of information about your policy needs. Simply click the green button below to get started and you can have your quotes within minutes!