Get the right Lorry Insurance policy for you.
By clicking the green button below you can receive multiple quotes within minutes
- All Types of Cover Available
- Legal Expenses
- Public Liability
- Fleet Insurance
- All Types of Lorries Covered
- Instant Documentation
A Guide to Lorry Insurance
Lorry insurance can include:-
- Fleet Lorry Cover – If you have multiple vehicles that you want to insure together then fleet insurance offers the ideal way to do this. Fleet truck insurance usually works out cheaper than insuring vehicles individually and is certainly easier to manage.
- Individual insurance – If you’re an owner driver then you could pick the type of individual policy that matches your needs and budget.
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive insurance works that same way for lorries as it does for cars and will provide complete protection for all types of collisions. The big advantage of comprehensive insurance over third party is that your own vehicle will be cover if you’re involved in an accident where you’re at fault.
- Third party – Third party insurance is the lowest level of cover you can get whilst still being able to drive your vehicle legally. It’s good in the sense that it’s the most affordable type of cover but the downside is that your own vehicle(s) will not be covered if you have a crash you’re liable for.
- Third party, fire & theft – If you’d like to get third party cover that includes a bit more protection then this is a great policy to get. Fire and theft are always considerable risks for lorries so it’s an excellent idea to get them included as part of your policy.
If you run a lorry driving business then you’ll certainly want to leave nothing to chance. Whilst most policies will cover you for all types of accidents, there are other types of cover that you should strongly consider getting, including:-
- Goods in transit insurance – Lorries are often owned by companies that use them to transport valuable goods. If this is the case then you certainly want to protect the contents of the lorries as well as the vehicles themselves. Getting goods in transit insurance will cover the contents of your vehicles for damage and theft.
- Breakdown assistance – When driving a lorry, staying on schedule is imperative. If your vehicle were to breakdown then you need know that you’ll be back on the road as quickly as possible. If you don’t already have breakdown cover in place then you should certainly get it included as part of your policy.
- Public Liability – Liability claims are on the risk in the UK so it’s always a good idea to have cover in place to protect yourself. Liability claims that go against you or your company can be very harmful so it’s always necessary to have the means to fight them.
- Legal fees – A big part of the expense of a liability claim is the legal fees. Therefore having them included as part of your policy is definitely a good idea.
It’s always important to take every step that you can to lower costs when getting lorry insurance, particularly if you’re insuring multiple vehicles as part of a fleet. Below are some of the best ways to go about saving money on truck insurance.
- Pay annually – Nobody relishes the thought of paying for insurance, let alone paying for the whole year in advance. However, if you’re able to do this then you stand to save a lot of money on the overall cost of the policy. Insurance providers nearly always prefer when you pay upfront so it certainly puts you in a strong position to negotiate a lower price.
- Secure vehicles – Lorries are at risk of being stolen and vandalized just like any other vehicle. In order to lower to cost of your insurance policy, you should take steps to make any vehicles you want to insure as safe as possible. Being able to demonstrate to insurance providers that your vehicles are secure will certainly go a long way to reducing the price you’ll pay for your insurance.
- Employ responsible drivers – Another big risk factor that insurers will look at when coming up with a price for your policy is that drivers that are named on it. Experience, driving history and past criminal convictions will all be taken into account so you want to make sure that the drivers you employ are responsible and aren’t going to boost the price of your policy.
- Get multiple quotes – Getting quotes for lorry insurance is easier than it’s ever been and doing this could save you a lot of money. Always be sure to compare the quotes that you get to see which insurance provider offers you the best policy at the most competitive rate.
Reasons to Get Quotes Online
There are some key benefits to getting lorry insurance quotes online. These include –
- Save time
- Save money
- Get quotes from specialist providers
- Easy claims process
- No claims bonus
- Flexible payment options
- Highly tailored quotes
- Expert advice
- Instant documentation
Get Multiple Quotes Easily
If you want to get multiple quotes for your lorry cover then you’re in the right place. Spending hours on the phone to get truck insurance quotes from different providers is luckily something that you no longer need to do. Instead there is a much easier way of doing things that takes just minutes.
All you need to do to get started is click the red button below. This will take you to the quote form where you provide some information about your insurance needs. You’ll then have access to quotes from some of the leading UK providers of lorry insurance. All you have to do is look through the quotes and pick the one that’s best for you. Get started now!