Get your HGV insurance quotes the easy way. Just click the green button to get started now!
- All Types of Cover
- Cover for Europe
- Legal Expenses
- Loss of Licence
- Several Payment Options
- No Claims Discounts
- Documentation Available Immediately
A Guide to HGV Insurance
Most HGV policies will cover vehicles up to 44 tonnes. Some of the most common types of cover you’ll find are:-
- Third party – Third party is a popular type of cover since it’s the most affordable. It’s worth bearing in mind that whilst third party is the cheapest cover you can get, it also provides the least protection for your own vehicle. If you’re involved in an accident then your vehicle will only be covered by the third party’s insurance if you’re able to prove that they were liable for the accident. Otherwise your vehicle will not be covered.
- Third party, fire and theft – If you decide you do want to get a third party policy then you can add additional cover to it by getting third party, fire and theft. Not only will you be able to drive your vehicle legally but you’ll also be covered against the risk of damage by fire and vehicle theft.
- Contents cover – Since HGVs are often used to transport valuable goods from A to B, it’s definitely worth getting the contents covered against accidental damage and theft.
- Fully comprehensive truck fleet insurance – A fully comprehensive policy will provide the highest level of protection when it comes to accidents. Not only will third party vehicles be covered accidents where you’re liable but your own vehicle too. HGVs are very expensive vehicles so it’s always recommended that you get a comprehensive policy.
- Public Liability – Liability claims are commonplace nowadays so having protection against them is never a bad idea. If you were to face a liability claim and lose it, it could prove to be financially devastating.
- Legal Fees – A big part of the expense of a liability claim is paying the legal fees to fight it. Having legal expenses covered as part of your policy means you won’t have to worry about this should the worst happen.
Advantages of Getting Truck Fleet Cover Online
Getting HGV insurance quotes online comes with some key advantages. These include –
- Introductory discounts for new customers – If you’re a new customer then introductory discounts are available to help keep costs to a minimum
- Limited mileage discounts – If you agree to keep under a certain number of miles each year then you’ll be able to benefit from a limited mileage discount on your policy.
- Discounts for truck fleet cover – If you run a trucking firm and want to insure your company vehicles under one easy-to-manage policy then fleet insurance is definitely the way to go. When compared to insuring vehicles individually, fleet insurance is much easier to manage and not to mention – cheaper!
- No claims discounts – If you have a good no claims history then you’ll certainly be able to save a significant amount of money on your HGV insurance.
- Easy claims process – Nobody wants to be involved in an accident but when it does happen, you don’t want to have to jump through hoops just to get the payout that you’re due. When you get insured by one of the providers on the panel then you can be sure the claims process will be quick and easy.
- Flexible payment methods – You can set up your payments using any major UK credit or debit card. The process is very simple and once set up, you’ll no longer have to think about it.
- Expert advice – If you’re undecided as to the level of cover you want to get and which options you’d like to have included, it can be beneficial to speak to one of the insurer’s advisers to get a clearer idea of what you need.
Top Ways to Save Money
- Pay annually – Most people choose to pay for their insurance policy on a monthly basis. This makes sense as it makes it more manageable and is what’s realistic for most people. If however, you can afford to pay for the policy on an annual rather than monthly basis, you’ll be able to negotiate a lower price with your insurance provider.
- Employ reliable drivers – Insurance providers always take risk factors into account when calculating the cost of a policy. The drivers you employ are certainly a big part of this calculation. Therefore you should only employ drivers that are experienced and with good driving histories if you want to keep the cost of your policy down.
- Secure vehicle – Another big factor that insurance providers take into account is the level of risk that your vehicle is at of being stolen. With HGVs, you also have to worry about the contents being stolen. With this is in mind, you should always ensure that your vehicle, or any vehicles you own, are as secure as possible.
- Get several quotes – Getting quotes from different providers is one of the best ways to save money on HGV insurance. Getting quotes is now easier than ever so there’s no excuse not to do this.
Get HGV Quotes the Easy Way
There’s no better way of ensuring that you get a good deal on your HGV insurance than by getting as many quotes as you can. The prices that you’re offered can vary greatly depending on which insurance provider you go to. By getting multiple quotes from HGV insurance specialists you can ensure that you’re not paying more than you should on a policy. To get started now and receive tailored quotes from a panel of UK HGV insurance providers, simple click on the green button below.