Get a great deal on your Flat Bed Lorry Insurance. Just click the green button below to get started now.
- Cover for the UK and Europe
- All Types of Cover
- Breakdown Recovery
- Legal Expenses
- Loss of Licence Cover
- Multiple Payment Plans
- Expert Advice
A Guide to Flat Bed Lorry Insurance
Flatbed lorries are an excellent way to load and transport heavy goods quickly and easily. They are often used by construction companies to transport equipment to and from construction sites. Since they’re often used for carrying heavy goods and machinery it can make them slightly hazardous to drive. For this reason, it’s very important for flatbed lorry drivers to have a good insurance policy in place not only to protect themselves but also other road users.
There are many insurance providers who offer flatbed lorry insurance in the UK so it’s not too difficult to get a policy that’s perfect for your needs. Whilst there are plenty of insurance policies to suit owner drivers there are also policies to suit business operators who own a fleet of flatbed lorries. When there are a large fleet of vehicles to insure it’s usually preferable to get them insured under one policy. Not only can it save you a significant amount of money but it also makes it much easier to deal with paperwork.
Types of Flat Bed Lorry Insurance
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive insurance will provide full protection for your flatbed lorry and cover your vehicle for all accidents, even those that you’re liable for. It’s always recommended that you get comprehensive insurance where possible.
- Third Party – Third party cover enables you to drive your vehicle legally but won’t cover your vehicle if you’re involved in a collision where you were at fault. It’s the cheapest type of cover so good if you’re on a budget but you should be aware that there isn’t much protection offered.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft – Third party, fire & theft provides third party cover as well as protection against damage caused by fire and theft of the vehicle. Theft is always a risk with valuable vehicles so it’s definitely worth getting this included in your policy.
- Breakdown Recovery – Breakdown recovery is always recommended. If you don’t already have it in place then you’ll be able to have it included as part of your policy.
- UK and European Cover – If you need to travel outside the country then European cover will protect your vehicle for all the common road risks.
- Legal Fees – If you or one of your drivers were to face a liability claim by a member of the public then the legal costs needed to fight it could become very expensive. Having them covered in your policy will give you extra peace of mind.
- Loss of Licence Cover – If for any reason you lost your licence and were unable to work then you would be compensated until you’re able to get back on your feet.
- Fleet Insurance – If you have multiple flatbed lorries that you need to insure then you can save a good deal of time and money by getting them all insured under one fleet insurance policy.
The Benefits of Getting Cover Online
- Save time – When you get quotes from one place rather than contacting different insurance providers separately, you save a lot of time and hassle.
- Save money – One of the biggest benefits of getting quotes online is that you stand to save a good deal of money. If you simply go with the first insurance provider you contact then how can you be sure that you’re really getting a good deal?
- Easy claims process – If you need to make a claim on your policy then the process is very simple and stress-free. This gives you peace of mind that if the worst happens, you won’t have to deal with more headaches.
- Get quotes from specialist providers –Another key benefit of getting quotes online is that you know they come from specialist flatbed lorry insurance providers who are used to providing this particular kind of cover.
- Expert advice – If you need any advice on the best type of cover to get then experts are always on hand to answer your questions.
- Instant documentation – As soon as you take out your policy you’ll have documentation instantly to use as needed.
Ways to Save Money
It’s always important to get the best price for flatbed lorry insurance, particularly if you’re a business owner and insuring multiple vehicles. Below are some of the best ways to do this –
- Pay Annually – It’s not always possible to pay for your policy upfront but if you can then you’re in a very strong position to negotiate a better price. The discount you’re given will vary from one insurance provider to the next but it should always amount to a significant saving.
- Keep Vehicle(s) Secure – When insurance providers calculate the cost of your policy, they take risk factors into account – theft being one of the big ones. This being the case, if you want to reduce the cost of your policy you should make the vehicle(s) you want to insure as secure as possible.
- Get Multiple Quotes – One of the most reliable ways to save money on flatbed lorry insurance is to get multiple quotes. By getting quotes from different insurance providers, you’re able to compare them and easily see which provider offers you the best deal.
Get Quotes Quickly and Easily Now
When you’re looking to purchase a flatbed lorry insurance policy you’ll certainly want to get the best policy possible at the best price you can. One of the best ways to do this is by getting quotes from multiple insurance providers. Whilst it’s possible to do this manually by calling each insurance provider separately there is now a much quicker and easier way.
By clicking the green button below and providing some information about your particular insurance needs, you’ll be able to access quotes from several UK insurance providers who specialise in flatbed lorry insurance. This means that you’re able to get multiple quotes all from one place. All you have to do is compare them and decide which offers you the best deal.