MultiquoteTruck.co.uk are pleased to announce that we are now partners with road safety charity, Brake. Brake raise awareness in communities and through the media about the importance of road safety. Brake also help support victims of road traffic accidents through a support line and literature.
Facts about driving under the influence
- 13% of all road deaths in Great Britain involve a driver who is over the drink-drive limit.
- For every four deaths where the driver is over the limit, one more death happens where the driver has drunk alcohol but is within the current law.
- 25 lives would be saved every year, and 95 people would escape life-changing injuries, if the legal drink-drive limit in England and Wales were lowered to 50mg blood/100ml alcohol.
- Drivers with even 20-50mg alcohol per 100ml of blood are three times more likely to die in a crash than those with none. That’s why Brake calls for a 20mg/100ml limit, and asks everyone to pledge not to drink even a drop before driving.
Tips for staying sober behind the wheel
- Don’t drink any alcohol when you know you’ll need to drive
- Try to limit your drinking when you know you’ll be working the next day. It is possible to be over the limit from drinking the night before
- Drugs can impair your ability to drive as much, if not more than alcohol so avoid them altogether.
Read more about the Brake Pledge
The Brake Pledge includes six main points – Slow, Sober, Secure, Silent, Sharp and Sustainable. To read more about the Brake Pledge click here